how to import webservice to memprofiler

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

how to import webservice to memprofiler

Postby didijia » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:02 am

my app is constituted by multi-webservice.i don' t konw which web server should be import..
and when browse the app folder, i also dont know where is the certain location can be import the web-site directory...

but when i open the app as .exe,after displaying login form,the memprofiler would be terminated automatically..i dont know why..
didijia

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Do you want to profile a web service, or do you want to profile an application that makes use of web services?

To profile a web service hosted by IIS, you should select "Profile ASP.NET". There's no need to specify the request page. Instead, you will need to run some other application that will call into the web service.

If you want to profile an application that makes use of the web services, you should be able to use "Profile Application" (or "Profile ASP.NET" if it's a web application).

Can you describe what you did when the "memprofiler" was terminated? What login form was shown?
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Postby didijia » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:45 am

I mean when i open the app by memprofiler,the memprofiler would be terminated without exception message ,but the app still can work normally..
didijia

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:00 pm

It's very strange that .NET Memory Profiler just terminates without any message. Can you send us the log file from the profiler after it has crashed? There should be a file named "ProfilerClientLog.txt" in the folder
"C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\SciTech\MemProfiler3\Logs" (on Vista and Windows Server 2008).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler