Can't get started. FileNotFoundException System.Web

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Can't get started. FileNotFoundException System.Web

Postby Dr.Lightning » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I just downloaded the 14 day trial of memprofiler, and I can't get to first base.

When I first load the program, it asks about license. I click "OK" to bypass that step. The very next thing I get an error message and am asked if I want to send it to SciTech. When I look at the log details, below is what I find. OS is Windows XP Pro SP3. Please help!

FileNotFoundException(StackHash=0xf502ee47) V3.5.151.0
Report time: 2010-06-19 09:01:13.421
Stacktrace:
at gh.a(String A_0)
at lc.b(String A_0)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ComparedCallStackBrowser.AppendStandardViewInfo(lc headerBuilder, lc contentsBuilder)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.SortableProfilerBrowser`1.UpdateEntryDetails(T entry)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ComparedCallStackBrowser.UpdateEntry(ComparedInstanceSetCallStack entry)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ProfilerBrowser`1.UpdateSelectedEntry(Boolean suppressNotification)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ProfilerBrowser`1.UpdateFromCurrentEntries()
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.SortableProfilerBrowser`1.SetSortItems(String[] sortFields, String[] secondarySortFields)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.SortableProfilerBrowser`1.UpdateSortItems()
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.SortableProfilerBrowser`1..ctor(IProfilerMainPresenter mainPresenter, ISortableProfilerBrowserView browserView, IViewActivator activatableView, IProgressView progressView)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ComparedCallStackBrowser..ctor(IProfilerMainPresenter mainPresenter, ICallStacksBrowserView browserView, IViewActivator activatableView, IProgressView progressView)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.TypeDetailsPresenter..ctor(ProfilerMainPresenter owner, ITypeDetailsView typeDetailsView, IViewActivator viewActivator)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.Presenters.ProfilerMainPresenter..ctor(gt application, ProfilerMainViewControl mainViewControl, ProfilerComparison comparison, nn asyncSynchronizer)
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.StandaloneProfilerApplication.CreateView()
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.StandaloneProfilerApplication.Run()
at SciTech.NetMemProfiler.StandaloneProfilerApplication.PerformStart(String[] args, Boolean isConsole)

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileName=System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
FusionLog=
Data=System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException=System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileName=System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
FusionLog=WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Data=System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

Log file contents:
||||
||||
||||
||||

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Framework version: 4.0.30128.1
IP Address: 10.6.129.91
Dr.Lightning

Re: Can't get started. FileNotFoundException System.Web

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 am

The current version of the profiler will not work with the client profile of .NET Framework 4.0 (e.g. it has a dependency on System.Web, which is not included in the client profile). In case you only have the client profile installed, you will need to install the full framework version to use .NET Memory Profiler. We will remove the dependency on System.Web and other non-client profile assemblies in the next version of the profiler.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Postby Dr.Lightning » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Installing full .NET Framework 4 took care of the problem. Thanks.
Dr.Lightning

Postby Mike_mugirin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 am

this App need .NET Framework installed.
Mike_mugirin

Postby Dr.Lightning » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Mike_mugirin wrote:this App need .NET Framework installed.

Thanks for offering to help, Mike. Please note you can see the post right above resolving this problem.

NOTE TO OTHERS: This App does NOT work with .NET Framework Client Profile. Instead, you have to have the FULL .NET Framework.
Dr.Lightning

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler