Lost in too much data! Where is (are) my leak(s)?

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Lost in too much data! Where is (are) my leak(s)?

Postby Dr.Lightning » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:33 pm

I've got a 77MB zipped up session file with so much data in it that I'm totally lost. Might somebody look at my session file to see where my leak(s) is(are)? It's too big to attach. I can provide details if and when I know how to provide the large session file zip. For now, I'll mention that it's C# and WPF with .NET Framework 4.0. When the program starts in the evening, it uses less than 250M. The next morning it's using over 500M. My program (called HMI-Master) only rarely appears in the session info, but is surely responsible for all the leaking!
Thanks.
Dr.Lightning

Re: Lost in too much data! Where is (are) my leak(s)?

Postby Dr.Lightning » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Attached is a [zip of a] word doc with a few screen shots [, many cut out to fit forum max size, but some remaining]...
Dr.Lightning

Postby Dr.Lightning » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 pm

attached
Attachments
What memprofiler gives me (reduced size).zip
(180.99 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Dr.Lightning

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 am

It's hard to use the information provided in the attached document to tell you where your memory leaks are. The virtual memory you pointed out in the documents, indirectly allocated by HMI_Master.ClientManager.bwSender_RunWorkerCompleted, is allocated during garbage collection and is most likely not a memory leak. If you contact us at support@scitech.se, I will provide you with information about how you can upload the full session file to us. Using the session file I will be able to give you much better hints about you memory usage problems.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler