Nmpcore and Silverlight client?

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Nmpcore and Silverlight client?

Postby jahandaniel » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm

How do I use nmpcore with a silverlight client?
jahandaniel

Re: Nmpcore and Silverlight client?

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Currently there’s no command line arguments to start Silverlight profiling using NmpCore, but we are planning to add Silverlight profiling support to NmpCore as well. It will probably be available in the next maintenance release of .NET Memory Profiler, which will hopefully be released within a week or two.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Postby PureWeen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Was there traction made on this? I'm currently trying to get a memory dump of a SL application running on a production system. When I try to use Nmpcore it tells me ".net runtime 4.0 not found in attached process"

I also tried importing a memory dump that was created with ADPLUS and it tells me

Failed to validate memory dump file. Make sure that it is a valid memory dump of a .net process....
PureWeen

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:43 am

We have added a set of command line arguments to profile Silverlight applications using NmpCore. I noticed that the command line arguments have not net been documented, though.

To profile a Silverlight package, you can use the argument "/silverlightxap <path to XAP>" (short form /slx). To specify that it should be run out-of-browser, you can add the argument "/outofbrowser" (short form /oob).

To profile a Silverlight application using a web page, use the command line argument "/silverlighturl <URL>" (short form /slu).

However, there's currently no support for importing a memory dump of a Silverlight application, and we have not planned to implement it in the near future.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler