Copy snapshot between sessions

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Copy snapshot between sessions

Postby johnrayner » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:00 am

I have two sessions that I captured using the NmpCore tool running against the same process. Each session contains a single snapshot. I'd like to be able to get the two snapshots into the same session so that I can compare object instances and see the delta in objects. How do I do this?

Cheers,
John
johnrayner

Re: Copy snapshot between sessions

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:21 pm

It is not possible to copy a snapshot from one session to another, but it is possible to compare snapshots from different sessions. Unfortunately you can only compare snapshots from two sessions if you add the session to a profiler project.

1. Create a profiler project
  2. Add the sessions to the project
  3. Select the snapshots and click "Compare snapshots" in the profiler window. For more information, see http://memprofiler.com/OnlineDocs/compa ... plorer.htm

In the next version we will make it easier to compare snapshots from different sessions. We're also planning on making a "four snapshot" comparison, where you select a primary and a comparison snapshot for each session, but I'm not sure that this will be included in the next version.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler