Evaluation - NmpCore remote analysis

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Evaluation - NmpCore remote analysis

Postby karlhm76 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 am

I'm currently evaluating the software. I downloaded the application and the NmpCore which is required for remote connections.

I am running a .Net4 process that I want to analyse on a production server running Windows server 2003 R2 64bit. When I try and run NmpCore from command line I receive an error message box saying "NmpCore.exe is not a valid Win32 application", and "Access is denied." displays in the cmd window. This is even if I log in as a local administrator.

Is it possible to work?

Re: Evaluation - NmpCore remote analysis

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm

With the release of .NET Memory Profiler 5.5, NmpCore no longer supports Windows XP/Windows Server 2003. This is why you receive the error "NmpCore.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

NmpCore 5.0 does support Windows Server 2003, so you can try to use that version. You can download the latest release of NmpCore 5.0 from https://cdn.memprofiler.com/download/v5 ... mpCore.exe.

Note that you need to use the corresponding version of .NET Memory Profiler to profile against this version of NmpCore. You can download .NET Memory Profiler 5.0.156 from https://memprofiler.com/old-download.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Evaluation - NmpCore remote analysis

Postby LynwoodH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Oh this explains the error. I was getting it too. It sucks, but I understand the decision behind not supporting XP any more.

Return to Using .NET Memory Profiler