3.0 preview error

Use this forum to discuss and/or suggest future improvements of .NET Memory Profiler and to report bugs.

Moderator: SciTech Software

3.0 preview error

Postby pproost » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:15 am

Hi I keep getting this error when I want to start profiling a dot net app in the 3.0 preview:
"The connection to the profiled process was lost and profiling ended."

I'm running vs2003, I can send the log files if you want them.

Greetings

Peter Proost
pproost

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:38 pm

Yes, it would be good if you could to supply us with some log-files?

Before creating log-files you will need to download a new version of the profiler (v2.9.16) from http://memprofiler.com/preview, since the previous version had some problems with the logging. To create the log files you then must supply the "/log" command line argument to the profiler executable (NetMemProfiler.exe). This will create three log-files in the program directory: ProfilerLog.txt, ProfilerClientLog.txt and AssertLog.txt (AssertLog.txt will probably be empty). After you have created the log-files, you can send them to support@scitech.se (preferably zipped).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Postby pproost » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:21 am

Hi,

I mailed you the log files a couple of minutes ago after downloading the latest preview version.

Best regards

Peter Proost
pproost

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:41 pm

It seems like there was some problem with sending the log-files, since we have not received them. We have a size limitation on our e-mail server on about 30 MB. Was the file you sent bigger than that? Anyway, if you contact us at support@scitech.se, we will arrange so that you can send or upload the log-files to us.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Postby pproost » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:23 am

Hi, sorry for the late reply, the zipped log files are only about 20 kB so the can't be the problem, maybe our firewall didn't let the zip file pass. But normaly I have got full access, but I'll check the firewall logs to see if the mail left here. And I'll try mailing them again.

Regards

Peter
pproost

Return to Future Improvements