Memory Leak detection

Use this forum to discuss subjects that don't belong in the other forums.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Memory Leak detection

Postby vivek.a » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:13 am

Capture.PNG
A Memory snapshot
Capture.PNG (16.53 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Can you please let me know whether this a memory leak?
If so how can I find from where does the memory leak occur and if it occurs in a DLL, how can I find it?
vivek.a

Re: Memory Leak detection

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

It's impossible to determine whether there's a memory leak in your application based on the screenshot you provided. It just shows that there are one additional instance of AnimationClock[] and one additional instance of AnimationLayer[]. It depends on what you have done between the snapshots, but I doubt this is a memory leak.

To try to detect memory leaks you can try to follow the "Investigate memory leaks" guide in the profiler. This will hopefully help you detect potential memory leaks.

Additionally, we usually help users get started by analyzing a session file and then provide hints on what to look for and information about any memory issues we have seen.

If you want help with this, you can send us a session file to analyse. I recommend that the session file contains a few snapshots before and after performing a specific action. For instance:

1. Start profiling the process
2. Collect a snapshot
3. Work with the application.
4. Collect a new snapshot
5. Repeat the work from step 3.
6. Collect a new snapshot

You can then send an e-mail to support@scitech.se and we will provide you with information about how to send us the session file (or you can attach it to the e-mail if it's reasonably small).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Return to General