Improve graph layout interaction

Use this forum to discuss and/or suggest future improvements of .NET Memory Profiler and to report bugs.

Moderator: SciTech Software

Improve graph layout interaction

Postby jensod » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am

Hi

sometime the graphs are not structure as you want, and typical you will expand som notes but that is not always enough
so I would like to have the following as well
A) collapse edge i.e. group the nodes at each end of the edge in one group of nodes
B) collapse child nodes
C) collapse parent nodes
D) make some way so select set of nodes and the possiblility to collapse all selected nodes
jensod

Re: Improve graph layout interaction

Postby Andreas Suurkuusk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We have been thinking of implementing some kind of "manual" collapse of nodes and will take your ideas into consideration. There are some restrictions on how nodes can be collapsed in order to keep the graph structure intact (e.g. shortest path nodes cannot be collapsed with non-shortest path nodes). Also I'm not sure what you mean with parent and child nodes. An instance graph does not have a tree-like structure and it's not possible to generically assign a parent and child relationship to nodes. Held instances and shortest root paths do give some sort of relationship between nodes, but this does not always reflect a parent-child relationship.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB
Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Improve graph layout interaction

Postby Rearandeas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:43 am

Andreas Suurkuusk wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. We have been thinking of implementing some kind of "manual" collapse of nodes and will take your ideas into consideration. phen375 review http://ohdivinehealth.com/phen375-reviews/ There are some restrictions on how nodes can be collapsed in order to keep the graph structure intact (e.g. shortest path nodes cannot be collapsed with non-shortest path nodes). Also I'm not sure what you mean with parent and child nodes. An instance graph does not have a tree-like structure and it's not possible to generically assign a parent and child relationship to nodes. Held instances and shortest root paths do give some sort of relationship between nodes, but this does not always reflect a parent-child relationship.

hi there! I have been thinking manual collapse of nodes also. The Collapse method collapses the current TreeNode and its child nodes. If you want to collapse only the current TreeNode, use the TreeNode
Rearandeas

Return to Future Improvements