Error using NmpCore MSBuild Task

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
sunnyboy

Error using NmpCore MSBuild Task

Post by sunnyboy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi,
while compiling mit c# project with .NET 4.8 I get the following error using the NmpCore MSBuild Task:

Code: Select all

D:\dev\op\EXT\packages\scitech.nmpcore.task\5.7.21\build\SciTech.NmpCore.Task.targets(25,5): error : Unable to locate 'D:\dev\op\EXT\packages\scitech.nmpcore.task\5.7.21\build\..\tasks\\NmpCoreTask.dll' [D:\dev\op\External_Api_Tests\ExternalApi.Test\ExternalApi.Test.csproj]
The path to the

NmpCoreTask.dll
should be:

D:\dev\op\EXT\packages\scitech.nmpcore.task\5.7.21\tools\NmpCoreTask.dll
We use nuget package reference in our project.

It would be awesome if you could help me.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Error using NmpCore MSBuild Task

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:31 pm

As you noticed, there's an error in the SciTech.NmpCore.Task.targets file included with with the SciTech.NmpCore.Task package (v5.7.21). It refers to the wrong directory for the NmpCore.exe file.

We have now corrected this error and uploaded an updated package, v5.7.23. Can you upgrade to this version and see if it works better?

If you are using the NmpCore task to run unit tests under the profiler, I recommend that you try to use the SciTech.NmpDataCollector package instead. It is easier to use and better integrated with the Visual Studio test framework and build process.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

sunnyboy

Re: Error using NmpCore MSBuild Task

Post by sunnyboy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:10 am

Thank you for correcting the issue. With version v5.7.23 it works.

To your question using NmpDataCollector instead of the task package:
I've already used the NmpDataCollector. But the interface does not give me the possibility to create a session file and analyze that later in .NET Memory Profiler to see root pathes etc.
If it is still possible and I just don't know, I would appreciate your support.