ExecutionEngineException when running with profiler

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
Rob

ExecutionEngineException when running with profiler

Post by Rob » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:10 am

If I attempt to profile my application my MainForm's InitialiseComponent throws an ExecutionEngineException.

However, running the app standalone or using the ANTS profiler I have no problems.

Any ideas why this exception is being thrown?

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am

The profiler should of course not cause an ExecutionEngineException to be thrown. However, the dispose tracker and root referee identification add some complexity to the profiled application so it might be a good idea to disable those features, and see if that affects anything.

But first of all, it would be very good if you could provide us with log-files from the profiler. The log-files will provide us with more detailed information about your problem, and hopefully they will help us solve it.

To create the log files you must supply the "/log" command line argument to the profiler executable (NetMemProfiler.exe). This will create three log-files in the program directory: ProfilerLog.txt, ProfilerClientLog.txt and AssertLog.txt (AssertLog.txt will probably be empty). After you have created the log-files, you can send them to support@scitech.se (preferably zipped).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB