Anybody gotten the command line profiler to save a file?

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
pnschofield

Anybody gotten the command line profiler to save a file?

Post by pnschofield » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 pm

If so, I'd love to take a look at what the command line looks like, and where it saved the session, etc. I just can't get this working. Here's my command line:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler3\NetMemProfilerConsole.exe" /autocollect:1 /autosavesnapshot+ /service:"IdeaBlade PersistenceServer Service" /noui+ /sessionfile:"IdeaBlade Persistence Server %DATE% - %TIME%.txt" /sessionprompt-
The console app indicates that it's collecting and autosaving snapshots, but I can't find the files anywhere.

Thanks,
Paul

pnschofield

Post by pnschofield » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 pm

...even after I restart the service to ensure the session is ending.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Your command line contained two problems. First, no parameters should be included after the /service parameter. Parameters after /service is intended as arguments to the service, and will not be parsed by the profiler. Secondly, the /noui switch should not be followed by a + sign (it's used only as a switch, not as a boolean option).

So the correct command line is

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler3\NetMemProfilerConsole.exe" /autocollect:1 /autosavesnapshot+ /noui /sessionfile:"IdeaBlade Persistence Server %DATE% - %TIME%.txt" /sessionprompt- /service:"IdeaBlade PersistenceServer Service"
Unless the /sessionfolder argument is provided, the session file will be saved in the default "Save to folder". The default folder can be edited using the Session File page under Tools->Options in the profiler.

Unfortunately, as mentioned in another post, no session file will be automatically created until the service is stopped. This is something we will address in the next version.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB