Memory Profiler Locking Up

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
PK

Memory Profiler Locking Up

Post by PK » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi

I'm using V3.0.141.0 and every now and then when scrolling in the Type tab the program hangs and I have to terminated the program. No error message is given. This mainly happens after the second snapshot. There are a lot of entries. I also notice that the scroll bar does not reflect the amount of items in the view and it does not resize itself correctly until a click on either the up arrow or down.

This happens inside the IDE and out

Has this been reported before?

VS2005
Windows XP SP2

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:50 pm

There is a known problem when viewing the Type details of a type which have a lot of instances with long and many "Shortest root paths" (for instance when you have a Type that is used as an entry in a linked list). This can cause the calculation of the root paths to take very long time, which might be what causes the lock up for you. We will address this issue in the next release.

We have not noticed that the scroll bar is not correctly reflecting the number of items. We will investigate this and correct it for the next relase.

Thank your for the information.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB