Application with dockable windows crashes under Profiler

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
Ilia K.

Application with dockable windows crashes under Profiler

Post by Ilia K. » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:35 am

I use dockable controls in my App from Divelements Company.
Recently I downloaded new (.NET 2.0) version of SandDock and included this component in my project. But now I cannot test memory leaks - program crashes with Microsoft bug report message.

To reproduce this situation, I propose to download DemoApp (included in Evaluation version) and run demo under mem-profiler 2.6
( http://www.divelements.co.uk/net/contro ... loads.aspx )

Please, solve the problem!

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:11 am

Hi,

I downloaded the evaluation version and verified that the profiler fails to run the DemoApp application. The problem occurs when the dispose tracker tries to open the SandDock.dll assembly for code injection. The runtime fails to open the assembly and an access violation occurs. This is probably caused by the fact that the SandDock.dll assembly has been heavily obfuscated.

Currently the only workaround for this problem is to disable the dispose tracker (in the Tools->Settings> dialog). We will look into other ways of avoiding problems like this in future versions (e.g. by only disabling the dispose tracker for specific assemblies).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB