Failed to find WebDev.DevServer

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
kyle.fulton

Failed to find WebDev.DevServer

Post by kyle.fulton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm

I am evaluating the 64-bit version of the profiler -- I have searched through the forum and can not find a comparable issue, so I am sorry if this is answered somewhere.

I also looked through the documentation to see if I could configure which WebDev the profiler was using, or detect where it was expecting the web dev executable to be.

/********************************************/

I am using version 3.1.312.0 of the profiler.

I am running VS2008 with .NET Frameworks 3.5 sp1. My OS is Windows Vista 64-bit.

When trying to profile a Web application, I am receiving an error message box with text "The operation failed with the following error: Failed to locate WebDev.WebServer."

I have set the Website directory, the virtual path, and the port properly. I have assigned a start page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

.NET Memory Profiler 3.1.312 fails to locate the development Web server (WebDev.WebServer) if only Visual Studio 2008 is installed. We just released a maintenance version of .NET Memory Profiler (v3.1.319), which will correctly locate the WebDev.WebServer for VS 2008. It can be downloaded from our download page at http://memprofiler.com/download.aspx.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

kyle.fulton

Thanks

Post by kyle.fulton » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm

That took care of it.

Thanks