Unable to work with sessions on disk

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
chai

Unable to work with sessions on disk

Post by chai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

I have 2 problems with sessions saved on disk, that need fixes immediately.

Unable to load session
I have 3 different session files, each at least 100 MB in size, and I cannot open 2 of these sessions, nor can I add them to a project. For each of these 2 files, it says: "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

Loaded session is unusable
The session that I am able to load into a project has 2 snapshots. But when I try to compare the 2 snapshots, I get the following error:
nmperror.jpg
nmperror.jpg (8.65 KiB) Viewed 7969 times
How do I overcome these problems? When can I get a fix for this?

chai

Re: Unable to work with sessions on disk

Post by chai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Further to the entry, I find that in the session that I can load, one of the 2 snapshots is corrupted. When I switch to the snapshot, I get the following error:
nmperror-2.jpg
nmperror-2.jpg (8.01 KiB) Viewed 7967 times
Also, its name is garbled, in that the first few characters of the name are missing and the last few characters are non-readable, i.e. represented with box-like characters.

chai

Post by chai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Another observation: this problem with reading sessions seem to be with only multi-snapshot sessions. I now started saving sessions with single snapshots, and these I am able to load from the disk without issues.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Thank you for the information. I was able to reproduce this error and apparently this is an error that we introduced in the latest release. It should have been caught by our automated tests (and actually was detected by the tests). However, it appears that we made a minor change that caused this error, without running the tests again. This is a mistake that we won't make again. A fixed version will be available for download soon.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Now we have released a maintenance version (v3.5.136) that includes a fix for this problem. It can be downloaded from http://memprofiler.com/download.aspx.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB