Could not install profiler on Vista 64 bit

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
Fux

Could not install profiler on Vista 64 bit

Post by Fux » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:54 am

Hello!

Today I was trying to install the latest .Net Memory Profiler x64 on a Vista 64 bit system ... but the installation stops with the following error:
Error 1401. Could not create key: HKEY_USERS32\S-1-....\Software\Classes. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I have administrator rights ... but there is no such registry key as HKEY_USERS32.

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Thanks

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Could not install profiler on Vista 64 bit

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm

A while ago we received a report about a similar installation problem. If I recall correctly it was related to per-user installation of shortcuts in the installer package. For some reason the installer tried to locate the non-existing key HKEY_USERS32 on that system. I think we worked around the issue by adding the option to select Per-user/All users in the installer. This option is no longer available in the latest version, but we will create a test build where it is. I will post a new reply when we have an installer with this option available.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Could not install profiler on Vista 64 bit

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Now we have created a new version of .NET Memory Profiler. This version allows you to select Per-user/All users in the installer and hopefully this will make the installation work better for you. The new version has not been officially released yet, but you can download it from:

http://memprofiler.com/MemProfilerInstaller3_5_142.msi (or http://memprofiler.com/MemProfilerInsta ... -64bit.msi for the 64-bit installer)

If you still have problems, please contact us again.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB