i want to take a snapshot of a 32-bit .net 4 app. concurrent gc is enabled. what i tried:
- nmpcore /a pname.exe => please disable concurrent gc (cgc)
- edit pname.config.exe to disable cgc, starting pname.exe wont work. pname.exe crashes => why?
- try to use dbg: nmpcore /da pname.exe => error: ".NET Memory Profiler has failed to locate an installation of "Debugging Tools for Windows". These tools must be installed before the profiler can attach to a process."
- so where does nmpcore search for the debugging tools? can i supply the path?
- why does my app crash when disabling cgc?
thanks for your help
When using the /da option with NmpCore, NmpCore tries to locate the installation folder of Debugging Tools for Windows. It is currently not possible to specify the location of the Debugging Tools using a command line parameter. This is something we will add in the next version.
If you have installed the debugging tools, and NmpCore cannot locate the installation, please provide us with information about what version of the tools you have installed so that we can investigate this further.
SciTech Software AB
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests