asp.net on windows 2003 - Error executing child request

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
kamal

asp.net on windows 2003 - Error executing child request

Post by kamal » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:24 pm

I have installed 2.5.31.0 on windows 2003 server. When i execute my ASP.NET application it works fine without attaching to profiler. Once i attached to profiler, i am getting error message like

"Error authenticating. Error executing child request for ../Wait.aspx"

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Kamal

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Profiling ASP.NET applications seems to cause problems on some computers when running Windows Server 2003. We will improve the way we profile ASP.NET application, so the next version will hopefully work better. The next version (v2.6) is scheduled to be released in the end of September. In the meantime there are some things you can check:

Are you running ASP.NET under an administratrive acccount? If not, does it work if you change the ASP.NET account to an administrator?

Do you still get the same error if you disable the dispose tracker?

If you still have a problem, is is possible for you to send us a small program that reproduces this error? If you have a repro, you can send it to support@scitech.se.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

kamal

Windows 2003 server & asp.net

Post by kamal » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:58 pm

Is this problem is resolved in new version 2.6 ?

Thanks,
Kamal

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:12 pm

We have not been able to reproduce your specific error, but we have seen a similar problem which may have the same cause.

I believe that we have a solution to the problem we have seen, but it requires some additional testing and it didn't make it into the current v2.6 release. We plan to release a minor update a few days after Visual Studio 2005 has been released, and we will hopefully be able to incorporate the solution in that release.

Have you tried to profile your ASP.NET application under an adminstrative account or the Local system account? I'm not sure whether it will avoid your problem or not, but I suggest that you try and see if it helps.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

kamal

Windows 2003 server & asp.net

Post by kamal » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi Andreas,
I tried as you suggested. Not able to make it working. I am keep getting the same problem. Please suggest me some solution. Because i am not able to use for a quite long time. Since we are nearing our release date, i really wanted to do some profiling.

Thanks,
Kamal

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:40 pm

This problem has now been solved in version 2.6.57. This version can be downloaded from:

http://memprofiler.com/download.aspx
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB