Running against a remoting service causes a security issue.

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
tony

Running against a remoting service causes a security issue.

Post by tony » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:49 pm

Memory Profiler seems to connect to the windows service that hosts the remoting service, but any request made to the remoting service fails with a permission failure.

I recieve a TargetInvocationException with an inner exception of:
Source - mscorlib
Message - Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

The remoting objects work fine when memory profiler is not attached. I can attach the visual studio.net debugger to the service and step through the remoting objects as well so I think it is something specific to memory profiler.

Thanks,

Tony

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:51 pm

Are you using multiple application domains? If you are, then this problem is probably caused by the root identifier. There is a problem with the evidence of newly created AppDomains when root idenentification is enabled. There are two things you can try. When you create a new application domain, supply null as evidence (instead of using the evidence of the running AppDomain), e.g. AppDomain.CreateDomain( "SomeDomain", null ). The second thing you can try is to disable root referee identification.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB