ASP.Net v2 release

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
nik

ASP.Net v2 release

Post by nik » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:18 pm

I'm currently testing the latest trial version but I'm hitting a very basic problem.

Whenever I try to get a heap snapshot the app just hangs with the "collecting heap snapshot" box showing.

I'm trying to profile a webservice which is running on .net framework v2.0.50727 (latest release). Is this a known issue or am i doing something obviously wrong.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:34 pm

We have not had any reports on problems with profiling ASP.NET under .NET Framework 2.0. You can provide us with additional information by creating and sending us log files.

To create the log files you must supply the "/log" command line argument to the profiler executable (NetMemProfiler.exe). This will create three log-files in the program directory: ProfilerLog.txt, ProfilerClientLog.txt and AssertLog.txt (AssertLog.txt will probably be empty). If you send these log files to support@scitech.se (preferably zipped), it will give us more detailed information about your problem.

Are you running under an Administrative account? What operating system are you using? And what account do you use for ASP.NET?
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB