Scrolling grid down causes UI corruption

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
Ian

Scrolling grid down causes UI corruption

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:09 pm

This isn't a really important issue with the profiler at the moment, but i'm interested to know if anyone else has this problem.

When I cause the classes grid to scroll by clicking the down arrow in the vertical scrollbar of the grid I get UI corruption in the grid control. What I am seeing is the light-grey lines used for the grid borders actually drawn in the middle of a row. I suppose that the best way to describe it is that it looks like the text in that row has been rendered using a strikeout font.

This problem doesn't happen if I drag the scrollbar button up and down, and it does seem to depend on the exact size of the application window as well. i.e if I keep changing the height of the app window by one or two pixels then at certain points it changes the behavior of this problem so that the grid is drawn without any light-grey cell borders at all.

Andreas, I will email a screenshot to the support address for you to have a look at since the forum does not allow attachments.

Ian

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:27 pm

Thank you for the report.

We are aware of this problem. The classes grid is actually implemented using the standard ListView control, which doesn't work correctly when scrolling one line at the time.

In the next major release we will no longer use the ListView as a grid control, so this problem will thus be fixed.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks for the update. The next major release is fine. Like i said its not important, just more of an irritation really.

Ian