.NET runtime version

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
cbarlage

.NET runtime version

Post by cbarlage » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I am not able to import a dump that is running .NET version 2.0.50727.4211 (32 bit) on a Windows 7 64 bit OS system. I am pointing to the mscordacwks.dll from the system the dump was taken on, and confirmed the DLL is the correct version. I also have the sos.dll from the system the dump was taken on and am pointing to that.

Regardless of the settings I choose on the .NET Runtime Version Mismatch screen, I still get a mismatch error. I downloaded the latest version to see if that would help, (4.5.184.0) but received the same issue. I can analyze the dump in debugdiag, so the dump is valid. I have a 300MB dump where this can be recreated I can provide if that helps.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: .NET runtime version

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm

If you are able to provide us with a memory dump that you fail to import, it will make it easier for us to find out what the problem is. I have sent you an e-mail with information about how you can upload the memory dump to us.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

cbarlage

Post by cbarlage » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Dump has been uploaded. Let me know if you want the corresponding mscordacwks.dll.

cbarlage

Post by cbarlage » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm

I uploaded mscordacwks.dll and sos.dll as well.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks for the additional dlls. The problem with the import is caused by the fact that both .NET runtime v2.0 and v4.0 is loaded into the process. Due to this, there will be a version mismatch when loading mscordacwks using WinDbg together with sos or psscor. (Even though Debugdiag does manage to extract memory usage information for .NET runtime 2.0 when opening the memory dump.) We will investigate this further and see if we can better specify which version of mscordacwks to load.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

rmeagher

Post by rmeagher » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello, is there any progress on resolving this issue? I am also experiencing it.

Thanks,

Bob Meagher

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Unfortunately we have not yet been able to find a solution for this problem. At the moment we're not actively investigating this issue, but it is our intention to find a solution before we release the next version (.NET Memory Profiler 4.6).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB