Profiling causes my app to crash

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
Dave

Profiling causes my app to crash

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

When I attempt to profile my application using v4.6 Professional, my application crashes and I have not yet been able to determine why. The profiler is launched with the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler4\NetMemProfiler.exe" /log:c:\MemProfilerLogs

The ProfilerClientLog is attached (the ProfilerLog is too large to attach, even as a zip file).

I understand it may very well be an issue in my code, but I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Dave
Attachments
ProfilerClientLog.zip
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

Dave

Re: Profiling causes my app to crash

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I am getting an access violation writing location 0x00000000 in ProfilerCallback.dll.

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Profiling causes my app to crash

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:39 pm

The ProfilerClientLog.txt file you attached unfortunately only tells us that the profiled process has terminated, and nothing that indicate the cause of the crash.

To get more information about the crash, we need to look at the ProfilerLog.txt file or get access to a crash dump file.

You can use the ProcDump tool To create a crash dump when the error occurs: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96900.aspx.

The command line below can be used to create a memory dump on an access violation:

procdump.exe /ma -e 1 -g -f *ACCESS* <proc name>

Both the ProfilerClientLog.txt file and the crash dump file are usually pretty large, so you cannot attach them to your reply. Can you contact us at support@scitech.se for information on how you can provide us with the files?
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB