Can't do the same operation when opened with .NET Memory Profiler.

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
pendenchina

Can't do the same operation when opened with .NET Memory Profiler.

Post by pendenchina » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:56 am

I have a WinForm applicaton and I've got a Button for opening an Image in the application. It works fine when I opening the application by double cliking the exe file, but something got wrong when I opening the application using .NET Memory Profiler(the image did not show as expected). Did I miss any setting ?
Any help will be appreciated!

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Can't do the same operation when opened with .NET Memory Profiler.

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Running an application under the profiler will increase the memory usage of the application and affect the performance. Other than that the application should function the same as when running without the profiler.

What options are enabled when you profile the application? Did you enable the native resources tracker?

If there's a problem with the profiler, we may get some additional information from the log-files. Could you try to run the profiler with logging enabled and send us the log-files? To create log files, you need to supply the /log:<path> command line argument to the profiler executable. E.g. running the following command:

NetMemProfiler.exe /log:c:\MemProfilerLogs

When profiling, two files will then be created in the C:\MemProfilerLogs directory: ProfilerLog.txt and ProfilerClientLog.txt. Can you send these files to support@scitech.se (preferably zipped)?
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB