App crash

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
t.kehl

App crash

Post by t.kehl » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi.
I have downloaded a trial version of .NET Memory Profiler 4
Now, when I try to start the profile-session, my app crashes. It starts one of ten times without crash and I can profile.

Thomas

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: App crash

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 pm

To get more information about why your application crashes, it would be good if you could send us log-files from the profiler. To create the log-files you need to use the standalone profiler and supply the "/log:<path>" command line argument, e.g. by using the following Run command:

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler3\NetMemProfiler.exe" /log:c\MemProfilerLogs

When you try to profile the application again, this will create a set of log-files in the c:\MemProfilerLogs folder. If you send the log-files to support@scitech.se, we will take a look at them as soon as possible.
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

greg

Post by greg » Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,

Sorry to revive this topic but I have the same issue with a registered 4.5 version. I tried to generate log files as indicated but it didn't work

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler4\NetMemProfilerStart.exe" /log:c\MemProfilerLogs

What can cause this kind of behavior?

THank you,

Greg

Andreas Suurkuusk

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Thu May 30, 2013 6:09 pm

The command-line in your post is not correct (and not in my previous post either). The command line should be:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\SciTech\NetMemProfiler4\NetMemProfiler.exe" /log:c:\MemProfilerLogs
There was a missing ':' in the original command-line and I recommend that you use NetMemProfiler.exe instead of NetMemProfilerStart.exe.

Can you try with the new command-line and see if you are able to create the log files?
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB