Unable to track unmanaged resources

Use this forum for questions on how to use .NET Memory Profiler and how to analyse memory usage.
ThomasM

Unable to track unmanaged resources

Post by ThomasM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi,

I am profiling a remote process(Attached Process).

In the "Native Memory" tab I have noticed a continues increase of private memory and more specific in the "Other data" -> item "Unidentified".

To see what is going on with that "Unidentified" piece of memory I would like to use the "Enable track unmaganed resources".

I have checked the option in "Tools->Options->General ->Enable unmanaged resources tracker".

When I have started the profiling session I see in "View->Session Property Pages->General" that the "Enable track unmaganed resources" is not checked.

What am I doing wrong ? or is it already tracking it and where am I to find the tracked unmanged resources info ?

Thanks in advance

Grtz

Thomas

Andreas Suurkuusk

Re: Unable to track unmanaged resources

Post by Andreas Suurkuusk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:15 pm

It is not possible to enable the unmanaged resources tracker when attaching to a process. To use the resource tracker, you must start the profiled process from the profiler (e.g. by using the "Profile application" command).
Best regards,

Andreas Suurkuusk
SciTech Software AB

ThomasM

Re: Unable to track unmanaged resources

Post by ThomasM » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 am

Thank you !

Now that I know it is not possible to do this. I am confronted with another issue :-)

Posted following question.

http://forum.memprofiler.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4326

Any idea ?